The cost of a Tummy Tuck is £1,900
A Tummy Tuck + Liposuction cost £2,400
Abdominoplasty, also known as Tummy Tuck, is a surgical procedure to correct saggy or loose skin in the midsection. The goal of this procedure is to flatten the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat and tightening abdominal muscles. Abdominoplasty not only provides aesthetic benefits but also allows a person to regain lost muscle function caused by multiple pregnancies, significant weight loss, hormonal imbalances or a sedentary lifestyle.
Abdominoplasty can help in four ways: removing excess fat with liposuction, tightening abdominal wall muscles in the case of distension, diastasis recti repair, and skin tightening with an abdominal lift.
Before your surgery
– Do not take aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs 10 days prior to surgery.
– Patients taking the birth control pill should stop taking it one month prior to surgery.
– Stop smoking completely at least one month prior to surgery and until the incision has healed (usually 15 days following the procedure). The same goes for electronic cigarettes.
Day of surgery
Abdominoplasty is performed under general anaesthesia. The surgery takes 1 to 2 hours to perform. The expected length of hospital stay is usually 1 or 2 nights, depending on the complexity of the abdominoplasty.
This procedure includes up to four steps:
– Liposuction: Removes unwanted fat from the abdominal area.
– Detachment of cutaneous and fatty tissues from the upper abdomen, in order to tighten the skin at the end of the operation.
– The separation between the rectus abdominus muscles is repaired by stitching the muscles back together at the midline.
– Dermolipectomy: removal of excess skin and fat tissue from between the navel and the pubic hairline. If the patient’s body shape allows it, it is sometimes possible to perform an ”umbilical transposition”, in which the navel is repositioned on the tightened skin at the end of the procedure. The result is a better correction: more damaged skin is removed and the lifting effect is better.
After your surgery
– You will wear an abdominal girdle day and night for one month following the procedure. Of course, you can remove it to take a shower or groom yourself, but put it back again immediately afterwards.
– Showering is allowed the first week following the operation after consultation with your surgeon.
– Do not take a bath or swim for three weeks (until healing is complete).
– Avoid exercising for one month.
– Avoid sun exposure of the operated areas until the bruises have completely disappeared (between 2 and 3 weeks).
– Lymphatic drainage can accelerate the disappearance of swelling and is practiced on the 5th day after surgery, at the earliest, by a qualified physiotherapist. This drainage is done 3 times a week for 2 weeks.
LPG Cellulite Treatment is a good complement to liposuction. It provides visible results and treats cellulite. We recommend 3 treatments/week for 4 weeks starting the 1st month after surgery.
Disclaimer: Results may vary from one person to another, depending on the patient’s body shape.